Dr. Nagarathna N
Professor and HoD
Advances in Cyber Security and IoT have opened a whole new realm of opportunities in many areas of our connected digital society. We the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (IoT and Cybersecurity including Blockchain) at BMSCE offer quality undergraduate program in an autonomous environment integrated with engineering practices, research and continuing professional education.
The Department was started in the year 2022 with a sanctioned intake of 60 students and aims to create a vibrant learning ecosystem where every student is professionally groomed to full-fill the needs of new era of Cyber Security, IoT and Blockchain Technology.
The Department aims to:
• Provide strong fundamentals through learner centric approach.
• Instill technical, interpersonal, interdisciplinary skills and logical thinking for holistic development of the students.
• Enable students to handle various aspects of cybersecurity issues in real time scenarios.
• Serve the student community by creating best career opportunities by arranging in-house progressive training, projects and internships with corporate organizations thus providing students with a comprehensive industry orientation helpful in polishing their skills.
• Enhance employability of students by empowering them with technical competencies, domain skills, leadership skills, techno-managerial qualities, and communicative abilities to make them industry ready.