B.M.S College of Engineering has made name for itself in several sports - indoor & outdoor like Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Chess, Cricket, Football, Handball, Hockey, Judo, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Netball, Powerlifting, Swimming, Tennis, Table Tennis, Throwball, Volleyball, Softball, Yoga, Wrestling and Weight Lifting. The institution supports and encourages the students to involve in these sports. We are ranked at the top by VTU for securing highest points in Sports & cultural Competitions/tournaments.
We are grateful to the management for providing Indoor & outdoor stadiums and well equipped gym facilities with International standards. The Majestic Indoor Stadium we see today at B.M.S.C.E is the result of the Physical Education Director's vision and hard work and also the encouragement by BMS Management. In the year 2000 he prepared the project for the construction of the Indoor Stadium. This was approved by the MHRD and the matching grant was received and the project got completed in 2004.
- The Department offers proper scientific and technical training to its teams by trained and experienced professionals. Providing opportunities to promote sports programmes and bringing about qualitative improvement in the performance of sports persons is the goal of the department.
- The Department organized South Zone Inter University Table Tennis Competition (Men & Women) in the year 2006.
- State Level Memorial Tournament “BMSCE KREEDOTSAV” is being conducted every year. It was started in the year 1996 & we have been the Overall Champions for many years.
- National Level Inter Collegiate Techno - Cultural Festival “UTSAV” is conducted on a yearly basis with the support of the Management and it has been ranked first in Karnataka in the top ten cultural festival listed by Deccan Herald.
- The Principal and management are very supportive of the Athletes & Artists who take part in sports and cultural activities.
- Cash incentives of Rs.3,000/-, Rs.2,000/- & Rs.1,000/- respectively is awarded from the institution to the Winners, Runners & Second Runners-Up in VTU Inter-Collegiate competitions.
- The Students are very active, interested and dedicated and make use all the facilities provided by the management through the Department of Physical Education and Sports Science. We have left no stones unturned in bringing laurels to the college.
- Director, Physical Education of B.M.S.C.E was nominated as Coach for Indian Aquatic Team (M&W). The AIU Aquatic team participated in 30th World Summer Universiade 2019 at Napoli, ITALY held from 3rd to 14th July 2019.
- Director, Physical Education of B.M.S.C.E was nominated as Coach for BCCI South Zone Cricket (M) and the team participated in the Vizzy Trophy Cricket Tournament held at Gwalior from 17th March 2019.
- Director, Physical Education of B.M.S.C.E was nominated as Manager of VTU Cultural team and it participated in 3rd SAUFEST, held at Katmandu University, Katmandu, Nepal from 7th to 11th February 2008.
Department of Physical Education & Sports Science serve as a vital and integral part of the student life in campus. The mission of the department is to provide a broad spectrum of sports, recreation and leisure activities for students, staff and faculty, as well as the members of the local community. The primary direction is to provide services and programs that stimulate growth, development and retention of students in a contemporary and safe environment that develops fitness and wellness, social interaction and leadership opportunities.
To engage in relentless pursuit of excellence in promotion and development of Physical Education, sporting and extra-curricular activities through an innovative approach in teaching, coaching, research and outreach activities and to evolve a holistic approach to the all-round betterment of human resources through a harmonious blend of body, mind and spirit.
- To design and introduce innovative, integrated, inter-disciplinary curriculum in physical education, sports, games and allied areas.
- To recognize and encourage budding athletes/students with potential and further encourage them by coaching/training.
- To develop and provide modern amenities in par with the Global standards in the field of sporting.
- To produce dedicated and passionate sports persons, who will always display high morale and sportsmanship at all times.