Dr. KARTHIK KUMARA
Research Interests: Condensed Matter Physics : Small Molecule and Protein Crystallography, Metal Organic Frameworks, Molecular Interactions, DFT Calculations and Structural Chemistry, Materials Science and Nano-Physics, Glasses and Magnetic Materials
I am an enthusiastic, practical person, passionate about teaching and research. I have completed my B.Sc. with Sir C. V. Raman fellowship. After my M.Sc. in Solid State Physics specialization, I have pursued my Ph.D. in X-ray crystallography, on “Structural Investigation of Some Heterocyclic Compounds of Biological Interest”, at the National Single Crystal X-ray Diffractometer Laboratory, University of Mysore. As a research student, I have served to set up an organic/inorganic materials synthesis crystallography lab, published good number of research papers in international and national peer-reviewed journals apart from the publications in conferences and symposia. I have received the IUCr Young Scientist Award for my significant contribution to the field of X-ray crystallography at the 16th conference of the Asian Crystallographic Association, held at the National University of Singapore, in 2019.
My research work includes the synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, crystal growth, X-ray diffraction and computational studies of organic/inorganic materials to explore their characteristics such as physicochemical, optical and biological properties. I am also interested on construction of metal organic frameworks, role of hydrogen bond interactions, synthesis of liquid crystals, nano-crystalline structures and explore their significant applications.
Currently, I am working on the synthesis of novel organic/inorganic heterocyclic compounds and their structure-property correlation.
I do believe strongly in "determination, dedication, and hard work" which are the three important keys to success.
• The Sir C.V. Raman fellowship during B.Sc. by government of Karnataka.
• The Student Travel Grant - 2017 by IUCr at the 24th international conference, India.
• The International Travel Grant by DST-SERB (Grant no. ITS/2019/005798).
• The IUCr Young Scientist Award for the year 2019, at AsCA-2019 by the National University of Singapore.
• Member, Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata
• Member, Indian Crystallographic Association, Bengaluru
• MDPI - Molecules
• Journal of Molecular Structure
• Materials Research Express
• Chemical Data Collections
Back to List