|Designation:||Professor and Head of the Department|
|Department:||INFORMATION SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING|
|Date of Joining the Institution:||26.10.1995|
|UG_Qualifications with Class/Grade:||BE [ISE], 6th Rank|
|PG_Qualifications with Class/Grade:||ME [CSE]/FCD|
|PhD_Qualifications with Class/Grade:||Awarded in Nov 2010|
|Field PhD Guide:||Biometrics|
|University PhD Guide:||VTU|
|PhDs Projects Guided:||Guiding 7 PhD candidates|
|Projects at Masters level Guiding / Guided:||18|
|Books Published / IPRs/ Patents:||
Book Chapter: Fundamentals of Biometrics: Handwritten Signature and Iris, Pattern Recognition, Machine Intelligence and Biometrics- Expanding Frontiers, Chapter 28, pp. 733-787, Springer publications, June 2011.
|Professional Memberships:||IEEE, ISTE|
|Awards:||Senior IEEE Member|
|Interaction with Professional Institutions:||Wipro Mission 10X Trainer|
- Fusion at decision level in multimodal biometric authentication system using Iris and Finger Vein with novel feature extraction, 2014 Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), pp.1-6, Dec. 2014. Citations-2.
- Bio-Metric Credential System: Multimodal Cancelable Anonymous Identity Management, IEEE International Advance Computing Conference, pp. 353 – 356, June 2015. Citation-1.
- Periocular Authentication based on FEM using Laplace Beltrami Eigen values, Pattern Recognition, Elsevier, Vol. 50, pp. 178-194, February 2016. Impact factor: 3.707.Citations-2.
- Biometric Image encryption using DNA sequences and chaotic systems, International Conference on Recent Advances in Electronics and Communication Technology (ICRAECT-2017), March 2017.
- Fusion of Shape and Texture for Unconstrained Periocular Authentication, International Journal of Computer, Electrical, Automation, Control and Information Engineering, May 2017.
- Cryptanalysis algorithm using Hyperchaotic system and DNA sequence operation for Biometric image encryption, Pattern Recognition Letters, Elsevier- Science direct, Under review.
- Improving the learning experience in engineering course through an example, MITE 2017, Under review.
- Biometric Gait authentication using computational neural networks, Journal of Telecommunication Electronic and Computer Engineering, Under review.
- Biometric based Consistent Key Generation for IMS, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, Under review.
- A review of cancelable biometric authentication methods, IET Biometric Journal, Under review.
- Feature level fusion of PCA based face and radon transferred finger vein for multimodal authentication, International Journal of Biometrics, Under review.
- Fusion of iris and face features for multimodal authentication, Signal, Image and Video Processing, Under review.
- Creating authentication tunnel between user and server for cloud environment using Authentication Server, Pattern Recognition Letters, Under review.
- A novel approach for Signature Reconstruction, Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing, Under Review.
Google scholar citations: 90
Participation in Workshops/Training Programs
- Emerging Trends in CSE, IT and ICT Curricula at IIIT, Bangalore, Sept. 2013.
- Effective Leadership for Excellence organized by Int. Aca. for Competency Enhancement, Bangalore, 27-28 Sept. 2013.
- Linux Operating System, by IBM at BMSCE, 5 Oct 2013.
- Embedded OS, Li2 Innovations, at BMSCE, 9 Oct 2013.
- Ready for Careers, IAACAC at BMSCE, 10 Oct 2013.
- Mobile App. Devp., Li2 Innovations, BMSCE, 9, 15 Nov. 2013.
- Formulation of Research & Development Initiatives by Women Scientists and Tech. at BMSCE, 10 July 2014.
- Basic Training on Drupal by Value Bound, BMSCE, 13, 20, 27 and 29 July, 2014.
- FDP on Mobile Application Devp. BMSCE, 1 Aug. 2014.
- Mobile App. Development, BMSCE, 15, 17 and 24, 31 Aug. 2014.
- Pedagogical Skills Devp. Training, BMSCE, 1, 2, 4 and 5 August 2014.
- MOOC on MOOC, a Massive Open Online Course for Development, IIT Kanpur, Sep. 5 - Nov. 6, 2014.
- Essentials of SOA Writing, BMSCE, 18 Feb., 2015.
- HackTrack, Sunny Vaghela, BMSCE, 9-10 April 2015.
- College to Corporate in association with FROH Tech Services, 11 April 2015.
- Complexity Analysis, by Dr. Deepak Garg, Thapar University, BMSCE, 17 Aug 2015.
- Applications of Wireless Adhoc Networks to aircraft control & monitoring, by Group Captain, Indian Air Force, 6 Oct 2015.
- Best Practices in Engg. Education, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 16 Oct. 2015.
- Research Quality Work shop, R&D, BMSCE, 30 Oct. 2015.
- Current Science Assoc. Lecture, IISc, Bangalore, 28-29 Nov. 2015.
- ET601Tx: MOOC course on Educ. Tech. for Engg. Teachers, IITBombayX, 7 Jan - 7 March 2016, 93%.
- SKANI101x: Basic 3D animation using Blender, IITBombayX, 18 Feb -14 April 2016, 96%.
- Two days workshop on Leadership Qualities, BMSCE, 4-5 Jan 2017.
- Two days Awareness Program on NABL Accreditation, organized by Dept. of Mechanical Engg,, BMSCE, 6-7 Jan 2017.
- TEQIP sponsored one week workshop on Machine Learning, 5-10 Jan 2017.
- TEQIP sponsored one week workshop on Virtualization and Cloud Security, 26, 28-29 Jan, 4-5 Feb 2017.
- Android Application Development, organized by VTU in association with Google India, 28 Jan 2017.
- Unix Programming, Feb 4-5, 2017 and 18-19 Feb 2017.
- Big Data Hadoop, National Level Championship & Workshop series jointly organizing by Cognizance IIT-Roorkee & Finland Labs, 20-21 Feb 2017.
- IoT with Arduino, for National Level Championship & Workshop series jointly organizing by Cognizance IIT-Roorkee & Finland Labs, 25-26 Feb 2017.
- Android App Development, National Level Championship & Workshop series jointly organizing by Cognizance IIT-Roorkee & Finland Labs,27-28 Feb 2017.
- Ethical Hacking, Techvriddhi’17, National level Championship in association with E-Cell, IIT Kharagpur, 4-5 March 2017.
- Arduino, Techvriddhi’17, National level Championship in association with E-Cell, IIT Kharagpur, 4-5 March 2017.
- TEQIP II sponsored one week workshop on Digital design materials for fabrication of System on a Chip (SoC), 6-10 March 2017. The workshop was conducted under Centre of Excellence in Advanced Materials Research.
- PCB Designing, TechVriddhi’17, National level Championship in association with E-Cell, IIT Kharagpur, 11-12 March 2017.
Name of the
|1||Ambika D R||1BM11PEN06||Periocular region authentication||VTU||2011||Submitted thesis, awaiting defense|
|2||Sudhamani M.J.||1BM11PEM07||Multimodal biometrics||VTU||2011||Completed comprehensive viva|
|3||Nalini M K||1BM13PEN15||Biometric encryption||VTU||2013||Completed course work|
|4||Ambika K||1BM13PEN13||Gait biometrics||VTU||2013||Completed course work|
|5||Suresh P||1BM13PEN23||Biometric credentials||VTU||2013||Completed comprehensive viva|
|6||Chandrakala G Raju||1BM15PEJ16||Cloud biometrics||VTU||2015||Pursuing course work|
|7||Mamatha K R||1BM15PEJ14||Cancelable Biometrics||VTU||2015||Pursuing course work|