HOW BMSCE HAS HELPED SHAPING ME
- I entered BMSCE during the year 1959, i.e., 58 years back (!!), as a 16 year old boy for 5 year Integrated BE Course. BMS converted me into a man and when I came out as an Electrical Engineer at the age of 21 (during 1964), BMSCE had given me confidence and enthusiasm to face Indian and global challenges. In addition, I could – thanks to BMSCE – join the Indian Army and take active part in the two major wars we have fought with Pakistan, during 1965 and 1971 – the later culminating in liberation of Bangladesh and me getting “VISHISHTA SEVA MEDAL” for providing Night Firing capability to Tiger Cat Ground to Air Missile Systems. All due to my Alma Mater BMSCE.
- After 22 years of service in Army, when I joined BEL as Dy General Manager in 1986 and later become its Director (R&D) from 1996 to 2003, the learning I had at BMSCE, thanks to the Professors / Lecturers during my formative years, gave me enough confidence to develop large number of Radar, Tactical Communication, modern missile / gun Fire Control Systems, Electronic Warfare equipment, etc. Above all, development and manufacture of the first 1.5 Lakh Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) gave immense satisfaction – all due to the grounding I had at BMSCE.
- After retirement from BEL in 2003, I could continue to serve the Armed Forces by establishing Alpha Design Technologies as a Mini-BEL in Private Sector, which has grown from a 3 man Rs. 25,000.00 turnover Company to 925+ people strong, Rs. 400.00+ Crs Company, specializing in Defence Electronics, Avionics and Space Satellite Systems.
- I am proud to be appointed as a Member of BMSCE Governing Council recently.
- All the above is due entirely to the grinding I had at BMSCE under the guidance of such stalwarts like Prof S.R. Krishna Murthy (still going strong as Professor), Prof Late Alasinger, Prof Late H S Venkataramiah and host of other luminaries. Today under the guidance of Dr. P. Dayananda Pai, Dr. Madame B.S. Ragini Narayan, Sri. K. Jairaj, IAS (Retd) and the Principal Prof Dr. K. Mallikarjuna Babu, supported by eminent Professors and teaching / administrative staff, BMSCE is growing from strength to strength.
- I pray for continued growth of BMSCE.