Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Dr. Veena N Hegde
Associate Professor and Head - Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Alumni Survey Click Here
Employer Survey Click Here
In the fast changing era of modern world, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering ( E&IE) had played a key role. The world economy depends on obtaining the data using sensors, processing it and using it for controlling the manufacturing process and their modernisation using various techniques. This will improve the quality of human life.
In this nation building activity Department of E & IE, BMSCE understand the importance of preparing engineering students to the current needs in this competitive world through Outcome Based Education (OBE). This quality is reflected through the department getting Accredited by NBA according to Washington Accord in Tier-I . The faculty and staff are well qualified and Practice innovative teaching method in the T-L-P process.
The Department of Instrumentation Technology ( changed the nomenclature by VTU as Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering with effect from 2014 batch onwards) was established in the year 1991 offers four year Under Graduate program with intake of 30. The strength of the department is the Human Resource: Dedicated faculty, necessary technical staff and enthusiastic students. The curriculum takes the student through effective usage of Modern Engineering Tools like: Matlab, LabVIEW, Multisim, Xilinx, Code-Composer-Studio, simulation tools, PCB design labs, process control loops and PLCs applications. The department has strong interactions with relevant industries and Professional bodies. Their contribution is reflected in through guidance in curriculum design, organization of industrial visits, conduction of expert lectures, organization of workshops, and joint research. One of the important functions of the Department is use of its convening capacity to draw together key stakeholders( Alumni, employers, Faculty, Industries, Professional bodies and students ) in a neutral venue, one that allows them to discuss issues and foster collaborative activities around issues in which they have a strong common interest. The department aims to achieve this by emphasizing on teaching and research. The Projects implemented by our students had resulted many awards at National level, many patents and publications in Peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
The department prepares the graduating engineers so that they are able to pursue a successful professional career. The quality of the graduating students is reflected in good on-campus/off-campus recruitments in core and allied industries. A significant number of our graduates pursue higher education in Engineering/ Management in prestigious Universities in India and abroad .
Department of Instrumentation Technology is accredited by NBA on the basis of Washington Accord in Tier-I format.
|VISION OF DEPARTMENT|
|To bring forth globally emerging competent professionals with high quality of technical education who meet the demands of modern industrial world which seeks innovation and continous improvement in performance|
|MISSION OF DEPARTMENT|
To accomplish excellence in curricular, co-curricular and R&D activities adn active participation of students, faculty and staff
To impart quality education based on in-depth and thorough understanding of fundamentals
To prepare the students to meet the demands of the Instrumentation industry
Motivate and inspire young engineers to contribute to development of the society.
PSO's OF DEPARTMENT
PSO1: Ability to apply the Concepts of Data Acquisition, Signal Conditioning, Control and Communication.
PSO2: Ability to simulate, analyse and interpret analog/digital circuit designs, related to applications of automation and control using modernengineering tools.
PSO3: Ability to apply the knowledge of PLC, SCADA and DCSwith industrial networking protocols for process industries.
PO's OF DEPARTMENT
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Project management and finance: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.